Health Unit Coordinator Recognition Week
Health Unit Coordinator Week Products
How it all began…
Myrna LaFleur, who became the NAHUC founding president, invited several interested persons to meet with her in Phoenix, Arizona, on August 23, 1980, to discuss the formation of an association for health unit coordinators. This was the first meeting and resulted in selecting the name of the association. Each year thereafter, August 23 has been declared Health Unit Coordinator Day by many mayors and governors nationwide, who issue proclamations declaring August 23 “Health Unit Coordinator Day”. Beginning in 2017, NAHUC expanded the recognition period to a full week: August 23-29.
- Ink Pens with the NAHUC Logo are available for purchase year round.
- A colorful 8.5 inch by 11 inch poster to promote H.U.C. Recognition Week. Printed on heavy coated paper. Designed by NAHUC member, Amer Elkhouly. Shipping to U.S. address is included in fee. Before ordering for international addresses, please contact the NAHUC office.
- Click on the “Shop” icon in the header menu of this page to order products from NAHUC.
Health Unit Coordinator Week Flyer
Download an informative flyer so everyone can join in the celebration of your profession.
Health Unit Coordinator Week Proclamation
- Get involved! Write letters to to all of our elected officials to help with “Proclaiming August 23-29 as Health Unit Coordinator Week”.
- Easy to follow guidelines and a sample letter are available.